Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary Allegra!

Can you believe that it's been a whole year?!   It doesn't seem possible, but then at the same time, my life seems like Allegra's always been a part of it.  I can't tell you how many turns I've missed or miles have rolled by while I've been living in her head.

One year ago today, I posted the first chapter of We Weren't Born to Follow - the first chapter of the first story I've ever written.   My high school dream was to be a writer, but it was just that - a dream.  Of course, I'd guess that some people would say it still is.  *grin*  Considering that I knew nothing about writing and crafting a story, it was pure dumb luck that I made it out of the first few chapters with anything resembling a logical train of thought.  Honestly, 122 chapters later, it's still dumb luck, and I'm honored and amazed that people are still interested enough to read about Allegra's life.

And that's why she's still here - because of each and every one of you who has been reading throughout the last year and taken the time to comment on and encourage this deranged little fantasy world of mine.  If you have time, I'd love to know how long you've been on the ride with us.  I can't tell you how much y'all mean to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

Happy anniversary Allegra!

:o)

14 comments:

Bayaderra said...

Happy Anniversary indeed!!!

foxli said...

Congrats Carol !!

I've been on board since the very first chapter and I won't go anywhere till you decide to end it.

Heidi
*SwissRichieGirl"

fivefivegenie said...

Don't remember the exact chapter where I joined in, but it was very near the beginning!

Don't be so amazed that we're still here - you've created a very believable character in our dear Legs...and have done a great job expressing Richie much as I see him also. That's why this story is one of my two favorites in the entire fandom!

Congrats on one full year & 123 FANTASTIC chapters! May there be many more in your future.

Anonymous said...

You rock!! Been with you since the beginning!

Michladydi

SamboraRocks said...

Happy Aniversary! :-D

You know that it took me some time til I finally started reading and you also know why ;-) LOL

I'm more than happy that you kinda convinced me to read it.

Thank you so much for sharing your/Allegra's story with us! XOX

Rike said...

one year? unbelievable

Anonymous said...

I found this story late, just 3 weeks ago. It was 8:30pm and I stayed up until 3am reading every single chapter!!! I was hooked. It was great because I didn't have to wait for the chapters to come up, I had them all in front of me. Now I have to wait for the chapters to come and it's awful because I just want to read them all the time.

I don't like any fanfiction. I have never read one fan fiction before. I can start but nothing gets my attention. This is the only story that has gotten my attention and I love it. The story of Richie and Allegra really got my attention and I thank you. I just want to read them all the time.

Erin said...

Happy Anniversay...You know how I feel about this story...but I will say it again... I thourghly enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I have been here since the begining and plan to stay till the end. I hope there are many more chapters to come. I love this story. You have done an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Its been a year already? Wow!

I've been here from the beginning and will be here til the end. I can't believe this is your first story, its incredible. Here's to the next year!

Anonymous said...

Wow a year already?? This story is amazing! You capture Richie, Allegra and then rest beautifully and always leave us wanting more. And I hope there is ALOT more to come! Happy Anniversary -ferfy0

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! A year and what a journey ?! I've been also here since from the beginning and enjoyed every chapter. Thanks for that.
Greetings from Finland. :)

Scarlett said...

I haven't been bothering to comment on here since it's so far after the writing, but thought I would respond to this.

It's so hard to believe this was your first story! I'm loving it and especially The last chapter. Go get em Joanne!

Scarlett said...

Oops, that was supposed to be Joan not Joanne!