Saturday, April 9, 2011

Note from the Author


Hey there!  

I just wanted to give y'all a little bit of an update so that you know where my head is at with regards to this story.  

First of all, I'm posting the chapters as fast as I'm writing them, so don't think that I'm just being stingy. I'm just as anxious as you are. :o)

Honestly, when I first started this, I wasn't sure how it would end.  I just knew that I wanted to bring something different (in my mind anyway) to the FF table.  

That is no longer true.  This story has a very distinct beginning, middle and end. In my mind, there's no more wondering how this is going to turn out.  It's all been determined for some time and it gets more firmly cemented every day.  Now, how they get from point A to point B may be subject to a creative whim, but please rest assured this story will be written to completion.

I had a conversation with a fellow Twitter-er who was a little distressed about where she thought the story was going.  That, in turn, distressed me.  I don't want y'all to think I'm writing dramatic events just for the sake of being dramatic.  It's not about sensationalism, it's about Allegra and her journey.

Keeping that in mind, this work is unofficially subtitled Allegra's Story.  And it is HER story, not Richie's. She lost her faith before we found her, and she's allowing us to tag along on the journey as she searches for a way to recover it.   I guess most of you have figured out that she's a pretty strong woman.  She has me in awe of her convictions and strength, but she will become even stronger in the end.  Please be patient as she goes down the road that gets to that point, and ride out the bumps with her.  

In the end, I hope you'll be pleased that you did.  Or at the very least, you'll know that you've gotten my heart and soul in this one.  

Gah.  Enough of that sappy stuff.  Thanks to you all for making me feel like I'm not just talking to myself.  I appreciate each and every one of you.  

Now buckle in...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool, now I can't wait to find out How this story finishes . And for the next chapter.

Jo said...

Personally, I'm very hook on this story.Thank you for writing it and waiting for more!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just for the record I'd like to say that I love Allegra's story and that you have nothing to worry about. You have done an amazing job and I can hardly believe it's your first attempt!

Vicki
x